Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Little Girl (#19)

Little Girl
I wish I could tell you
What I should have heard
What I should have known
But even though I'm late
I'm right on time

Little Girl
I wish I could tell you
That the world will accept you
Just as you are
The way you look
The way you think
But I can't
The world wants to pick you apart
But I want you to be brave
Be yourself Little Girl
You'll be better for it

Little Black Girl
I wish I could tell you
That everyone appreciates you
But I can't
Your skin
Your hair
Your brain
Your heart
They will attack them
And you for them
But I appreciate you
So you appreciate them
And you appreciate you

Little Girl
I wish I could tell you
That it gets easier
You won't have all the answer
You probably never will
But the thrill is in the chase
Live life anyway
Live it WELL




No comments:

Post a Comment