Thursday, March 20, 2014

Poet-ing

Poet-ing
Is now a thing
My thing
So watch me bring
My thing
Doing my poet thing
With the poet-ting
Alas I’m a woman
So I’m poetess-ing
Make these words sing
With the rhythm of my life
Beat the drum
With the cacophony of injustice
My compassionate minds fails to fathom
Random
Like the dots I connect
To be correct
As a poet.
I could easily bore
You with simile and metaphor
Just for the sake of rhyme
To take time
Just to razzle and dazzle
But I turned the tassel
To graduate
I shall commence to serious poet-ing
Transcribing my human experience
Drawing parallel lines
And giving fines
To those who don’t pay attention
Wake up world!
Earth is turning beneath you!
As the seasons pass, so will you.
Poet-ing
Is the poet-thing
That gives me life
On this side of heaven
After my last breath
So I shall write to my death
Knowing these characters
Convey my substance
My passion
Compassion, belief and love
Poet-ing
Not just an arbitrary verb
But a purposeful lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment