Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Sign Off (originally written 11/22/14)

I guess this is my last goodbye
My last hurrah
It feels so surreal yet feels so real
I really don't know how else to feel
'Cause I been at the end of my rope for so long
It feels strange now that I don't have to hold on
But I hold on to the fact that I did my best
So many times my endurance was put to the best
After living a life exhausted, it's time for me to rest
I'm resigned to my resignation
I accept the condemnation and denigration
Of my name
For the actions that I've chose
But nobody really knows
How hard my road is to hoe
I've snatched up and let go
And now I'm glad to say it's over
My sorries are a little bit hollow
Memories seem to follow
Like all the days I spent curled up in bed
Covers pulled way up over my head
Because I couldn't bear to see the sun
Pain stopping me in my tracks
I have no plans of attack
Because I'm hit the hardest in what I need most
And I suppose that I'm supposed
To be sad, sorry and repentant
But I gave it all my best
And it wasn't good enough
So I end it all today





No comments:

Post a Comment